It has been a few days since last entry and a lot of things happened between that. Ausis raya celebration was great, despite some last-minute actions. The day before that gathering was my life planning visit. Certainly, without any doubt, it upsets me. Really, really upset me. Why? Because my plan wasn’t considered and i felt all my hardworks were not appreciated. Above all, never give up with Allah’s mercy. Those who give up with Allah’s mercy is only the kuffar.
Again, i would not propose something if i know i couldnt do it. On my side, everything was ready. It just need an approval. Yet that was the only thing i failed to get. May Allah bless me with what He plans for me.
Another thing worth to mention is, i managed to get a CD of Quran recitation by Adik Muhammad al-Hafiz. The CD says he is the recitor of TV9, i cant confirm it because i never watch TV9 ( i dont watch tv and my place is a remote area so we dont get access to various channels). But what made me bought the CD, because i accidentally watched the Wakaf Quran Program, in which that boy recited Quran so beautifully. And i expected the same quality in that CD. But it upset me, again.
Never give up. That is my principle i preach to everyone. Another one is never tell me that you are busy because whatever reasons you give, i just dont believe it. I am sorry but my intelligence doesnt allow me to.
Another. I have talked about Dr Tariq Suwaidan before in my Understanding the Muslim World entry. Lately i found a few of my friends promoted his talks about success in life on Youtube. I had a dial up internet, i frustrated. I went to CC and spent almost 3 hours to have it downloaded into my usb. I knew my waiting would benefit me. Because i know Dr Tariq for quite sometimes. I am glad my ikhwahs know how to get benefit from him. To all my friends, i strongly recommend you to watch his lecture The Future of Our Religion on youtube. It has 13 series, and please watch all of them. It is just another ISK for you of course but with a few valuable points. I guess it is time to throw away all the excessive nasheeds and start for serious learning media. Optimise Youtube this way. Again, please dont fall under unnecessary debates and fitnahs. I do not object any kind of entertainment, because even photography needs limitations.
Another. I need to brush up my engineering knowledge as i will be working very soon. It has been 5 months since the last day i memorized formulas. And i am afraid that i wouldnt be a good engineer. And i dont want to be one. I want to be a lecturer. A teacher at least.
Another. Talking about the Motivational Speech: Success in Life by Dr Tareq Suwaidan. He talked a lot of things that i want to do and to talk to people. Let me list them:
- We make a lot of mistakes in life. We should share them.
- Give up doing something you dont love. (I am about to do that but i am bonded with contracts)
- Brilliant people dont benefit much with technical career. Be an orator, preacher.
- He has strange memory. ( i do)
- He loves history. (i do)
- His faith is strengthened by his self discovery and research. ( i did the same thing)
- He did what he believes is right. (although in jalan dakwah, i dont easily follow or imitate ppl, never taksub to anybody)
- Take role models. (again, i agree. I took my motivation and charged my spirit by looking at ppl around me. I dont grade ppl. I follow whatever good example they have. I worship Allah not figures.)
- He loves to talk. (no comment)
Another. I have read a few books from Amru Khaled. He is better than Dr Tariq (more famous i guess). But his books are undoubtedly interesting. He covered a few fundamental topics in life such as Change, Akhlak and Ibadah. It is like if i ever have the chance to write books, i will write the same way as he did. One, he does not care or bother much with furuiyyah debates (i hate alahkamdotnet). He points out the crucial understanding beneath everything we do. Like the akhlak and ibadah. “Ibadatul Mukmin” does not tell about virtues, but goals. For instance is the prayers. What are the reason behind it? I dont want to indulge myself with salaf and khalaf conflicts here but apart from knowing that it is ordered to pray, we need to know the juices of the prayers. Here i list a few of his books i have finished reading them and they are available in my collection if you wish to borrow.
- Semulia Akhlak Nabi (Akhlaqul Mukmin)>>A++<<
- Kunci Memahami Ibadah (Ibadatul Mukmin) >>awesome<<
- Belajar Hidup dari Hidup Rasulullah saw (Silsilah fi Zhilal Sirah an-Nabawiyyah) >>exceptional sirah reading<<
- Sabar dan Santun (As-Sobru wa az-Zuq) >>excellent<<
- Ghayyir Nafsaka: Ubahlah Dirimu (Hatta Yughayyiru Ma Bianfusihim) >>recommended<<
By the way, Dr Tariq and Amr Khaled are ikhwans. 🙂